I recently tried the internet-famous air fryer pasta chips, and let me tell you, they are a game-changer! These crispy and crunchy treats were the talk of my Superbowl party, disappearing faster than traditional potato chips or Doritos. With their perfect crunch and irresistible taste, they provide a “million dollars” snacking experience.
How to Make Air Fryer Pasta Chips
Making these delectable pasta chips is a breeze. Follow these simple steps:
- Start by boiling your favorite pasta, cooked al dente, just like you normally would. I used Barilla Rigatoni pasta and cooked it for 12 minutes to achieve that perfect texture.
- Once cooked, drain the pasta and transfer it to a mixing bowl.
- Now, it’s time to add flavor to your noodles. Season them with garlic powder, onion powder, dried oregano, Italian seasoning, Parmesan cheese, and a tablespoon of oil.
- Give the noodles a good stir, ensuring that they are fully coated in the oil and spices.
- Finally, place the noodles in the air fryer basket or tray, spreading them out into an even layer.
- Cook at 390 degrees F (198C) on the Airfry setting for 6 minutes. Then, open the air fryer, give the noodles a good mix or shake, and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes until the pasta chips turn golden and crispy.
- Serve the crispy air-fried noodles with a homemade chipotle dipping sauce or your favorite sauce of choice.
The Perfect Ingredients
To make these addictive pasta chips, you’ll need:
- 2 cups cooked pasta of your choice (I recommend Barilla Rigatoni).
- 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder.
- ½ teaspoon onion powder.
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning.
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano.
- ½ cup finely grated Parmesan cheese.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
The Simple Directions
Follow these easy steps to create your own batch of air fryer pasta chips:
- Cook your pasta according to the package instructions, aiming for an authentic “al dente” texture.
- Drain the cooked pasta and transfer it to a large bowl.
- Add olive oil, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper to taste, Italian seasoning, and Parmesan cheese.
- Stir until all the flavors are well combined.
- Preheat your air fryer to 390F/198C for 2 minutes.
- Add the seasoned pasta to the air fryer basket or tray, spreading it out evenly.
- Cook at 390 degrees F on the Airfry setting for 6 minutes.
- Open the air fryer, give the pasta a good mix or shake, and cook for an additional 1-3 minutes until the chips achieve a golden and crispy perfection.
- Serve your crispy air-fried noodles with the homemade chipotle dipping sauce, Copycat Chick Fil-A Sauce, or any sauce that tickles your taste buds.
Tips for the Best Crispy Pasta Chips
To ensure that your pasta chips turn out amazing every time, consider these helpful tips:
- Cook your pasta al dente according to the instructions on the package. Remember that it will continue to cook in the air fryer after you take it out of the pot.
- Make sure the pasta pieces are all the same size to ensure even cooking and achieving a satisfying crunch.
- Avoid using crumbled or broken pieces of pasta.
- Get creative with pasta shapes. From rotini to penne, farfalle to rigatoni, the possibilities are endless. You can even cut up lasagna sheets into triangles for a unique twist. Just make sure the shape is easy to grab and dip.
- Experiment with different flavors by tossing the cooked pasta in herbs and spices of your choice before air frying. It’s an easy way to elevate the taste and add a personal touch to your chips.
Help! My Air Fryer Pasta Chips are Too Hard!
While air-fried pasta chips are known for their delightful crunch, there’s always a risk of making them too hard. The duration of frying determines the level of crunchiness. If they’re cooked for too long, they can become overly hard. Keep a close eye on the chips while air frying to ensure they reach the desired level of crunch without drying out.
More Air Fryer Easy Recipes You’ll Love:
If you’re loving the air fryer craze, here are a few more recipes to try:
- Air Fryer Toasted Ravioli.
- Air Fryer Gnocchi – No boiling involved!
- Spicy Mozzarella Sticks – Coated in hot Cheetos (or takis), making them a perfect choice for game day or a festive appetizer.
Remember, the possibilities with an air fryer are endless. So, fire up that air fryer and get ready to indulge in crispy and crunchy pasta chips that will leave everyone wanting more!