This delectable crustless Asparagus Quiche is a breakfast pie that bursts with cheesy eggs, buttery asparagus, and savory mushrooms. Baked until golden and delicious, this recipe is a low-carb twist on the classic quiche that will leave your taste buds craving more.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Elegant and decadent – This quiche looks almost too fancy to eat, but its incredible flavor will make it irresistible.
- Easy to make – With just a few simple steps and ingredients, you can whip up this delicious dish in no time.
- Great for meal prep – Prepare it ahead of time and enjoy it even more the next day.
- Versatile – This recipe is already vegetarian and gluten-free, but you can easily make it dairy-free as well. See the variations and substitutions below.
- So flavorful – The combination of sautéed veggies, eggs, and cheese gives this asparagus quiche a burst of incredible flavor.
Asparagus Quiche Ingredients
- Eggs – 6 large eggs
- Asparagus – 1 bunch of fresh asparagus
- Mushrooms – Any mushrooms will work, but baby bella/Cremini mushrooms are ideal for their meatiness and flavor.
- Milk – A small amount to make the eggs fluffy. You can use dairy-free, unsweetened milk or regular cow’s milk.
- Cheese – A flavorful combination of grated Parmesan cheese and shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Olive oil – Used to cook the veggies and bring out their delicious flavors.
- Salt and pepper – Enhances all the incredible flavors.
How to Make a Crustless Asparagus Quiche
- Sauté the mushrooms and asparagus until golden and let them cool.
- Whisk the eggs with milk, salt, and pepper, then add the cheese.
- Combine the cooked veggies with the eggs and cheese, and pour the mixture into a prepared 9-inch pie dish.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees F until the center is firm and the edges are golden.
- Remove from the oven, let it cool, slice, and serve.
Pro tip! Save some pretty asparagus ends to arrange on top of the quiche before baking it for a more elegant, fancy-looking dish.
- Cut the mushrooms and asparagus into smaller pieces for easier mixing and eating.
- Let the veggies cool before adding them to the egg and cheese mixture to avoid premature cooking.
- Bake the quiche until the center is firm and the edges are golden. It will firm up a bit more as it cools.
Substitutions and Variations for Asparagus Quiche
- Make it dairy-free – Use dairy-free cheese and milk or omit the cheese and add an extra egg.
- Ham and Asparagus Quiche – Add cooked ham for even more protein and flavor.
- Switch up the veggies – Not a fan of mushrooms? Substitute with sautéed onion, peppers, broccoli, or sliced cherry tomatoes!
Recommended Tools for Making this Recipe
- Saute pan
- Mixing bowl
- 9-inch pie dish
- Whisk/wooden spoon
Make Ahead and Storage
- Make it ahead – Sauté the veggies and store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days before making the recipe. You can also bake the quiche, let it cool, and store it covered in the refrigerator for up to 1 day before serving. Simply reheat in the oven at 330 degrees F until warmed through.
- Storing – Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Reheating – Reheat portions in the microwave or oven until warmed through.
Ways to Serve Quiche
Pair your vegetable quiche with these simple and delicious dishes:
- Salad – Try a kale salad or classic house salad.
- Muffins – Zucchini muffins or apple muffins.
- Biscuits or bagels
More Asparagus Recipes
- Oven Roasted Potatoes and Asparagus
- Lemon Parmesan Roasted Asparagus
- Creamy Vegan Asparagus Soup
Other Healthy Breakfast Recipes
- Spinach Feta Egg White Wrap
- Sausage and Pepper Breakfast Egg Muffins
- Veggie Egg White Bites
- Easy Baked Eggs
- Healthy Make Ahead Breakfast Sandwich
Did you try this Asparagus Quiche Recipe? If yes, please leave a rating and comment below. We’d love to hear how yours turned out!
Print the recipe and discover more delightful dishes at BDK Restaurant.