These Oven Roasted Baby Potatoes are a delightful blend of crispy and fluffy textures that will leave your taste buds craving more. Seasoned with aromatic rosemary, thyme, and garlic, this easy side dish is perfect for any occasion, especially during the holidays!
At BDK Restaurant, we believe that simple dishes can captivate hearts with their mouthwatering flavors. Our Oven Roasted Baby Potatoes guarantee to be the star of your dinner table, loved by both kids and adults alike. The golden exterior and soft center make them irresistible—a crowd-pleaser in every sense.
Why you’ll love these Oven Roasted Baby Potatoes
- Herb roasted potatoes: These baby Yukons pack a punch of herb and garlic goodness. Tossed with rosemary, thyme, and garlic, each bite is bursting with savory flavors.
- Perfect texture: Baby potatoes are the perfect canvas for achieving the ultimate crunch. Their crispy exterior paired with fluffy insides creates a match made in culinary heaven.
- An easy side dish: Whether you’re preparing for a special occasion or simply need a quick weeknight side, these beauties are designed to be simple. You only need a handful of ingredients to create this masterpiece.
Ingredients you’ll need
- Baby Potatoes
- Olive Oil
- Herbs: Rosemary, Thyme
- Spices: Salt & Pepper, Paprika
- Garlic Cloves
How to make Oven Roasted Potatoes
- Prep the potatoes – Start by slicing the potatoes in half and giving them a good rinse. Parboil them for 5 minutes to ensure they cook evenly.
- Coat the potatoes – In a pot, coat the potatoes with olive oil, herbs, garlic, and seasoning to infuse them with incredible flavors.
Roast the potatoes – Transfer the coated potatoes to a sheet pan, spreading them evenly. Roast them in the oven for approximately 20 minutes until they turn golden and crispy.
Garnish and serve! Once the potatoes are beautifully roasted, remove them from the oven, garnish with fresh herbs, and they’re ready to be devoured.
Recipe notes and tips
- Use a preheated oven for optimal results.
- To ensure even cooking, make sure to cut your potatoes into similar-sized halves.
- Rinse your potatoes well to remove excess starch.
- Parboiling the potatoes before roasting gives them that coveted crispy texture.
- Feel free to use your preferred herbs and spices.
- Add grated Parmesan cheese to elevate the flavor profile.
- Rough up the parboiled potatoes slightly to enhance their crispiness.
- Use any neutral oil like peanut, canola, or olive oil.
- Garnish your herb roasted potatoes with fresh rosemary and thyme for an added pop of color.
What to serve with these Oven Roasted Baby Potatoes
These crunchy golden nuggets complement a variety of main dishes. Here are some mouthwatering suggestions:
- Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breast
- Healthy Oven Baked Cod
- Spicy Lemon Baked Tilapia Recipe
- Spicy Honey Garlic Salmon
- Creamy Sundried Tomato Chicken Thighs
What are the best types of baby potatoes for roasting?
While we used Yukon Gold baby potatoes for this recipe, you can also experiment with other varieties. Here’s a quick guide:
- Gold potatoes: Soft, creamy, and delightfully crispy!
- Red potatoes: Smooth, creamy, and slightly waxy in texture.
- Purple potatoes: Rich in flavor with a starchy, creamy texture.
How do I know when roast potatoes are done?
The best way to determine if your roast potatoes are done is by checking their crispiness. Keep an eye on them as they roast, as oven temperatures may vary. You can also test their doneness by piercing them with a knife. If they offer little resistance, you’re good to go!
Other delicious sides
In addition to these delectable Oven Roasted Baby Potatoes, we have more mouthwatering side dishes for you:
- Parmesan Herbed Potatoes
- Easy Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- Jicama Fries
- Cheesy Potato Stacks
We hope you enjoy this Oven Roasted Baby Potatoes recipe and all the other culinary delights we share with you. Try it, savor it, rate it, and share it with your loved ones!
If you’re as passionate about cooking as we are, use the hashtag #BDKRestaurant to share your creations with us on INSTAGRAM. You might even get featured in our story! Don’t forget to connect with us on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST for more culinary inspirations and the latest updates.