Do you find yourself struggling with lunchbox ideas? Look no further! In this collection of gluten-free dairy-free lunch recipes, you’ll discover a variety of snacks, sandwiches, cookies, and more that are sure to inspire you. Whether you’re packing a lunch for yourself, your kids, or going on a field trip, these recipes will bring joy to everyone’s taste buds.
Getting Out of the Lunch Rut
Deciding what to pack for lunch can be a challenge, even without food allergies. It’s easy to fall into a routine and pack the same things over and over again. But when you have allergies or food intolerances, the struggle becomes real. That’s why I’ve gathered twenty-five easy, healthy, and tasty recipes that are perfect for your lunchbox. Whether you’re heading to work, school, or a day trip, there’s something here for everyone.
This post isn’t just for you; it’s for me too! I also needed some lunchtime inspiration. We tend to stick to the same old options like salmon salad, sesame-free hummus and crackers, veggies, and granola bars. So, let’s dive into these exciting recipes that will add some much-needed variety to our lunches.
There are plenty of gluten-free bread options available nowadays, which is fantastic. Take a moment to explore what your local store offers and make sure to check if any bread you find is safe for your dietary needs. Some reliable brands to look out for are Schar, Little Northern Bakehouse, and B Free. I’ve spotted these brands at Fresh Thyme, Meijer, Whole Foods, and Better Health Stores at different times.
Using Gluten-Free Bread for Sandwiches
If you’re worried about gluten-free bread falling apart when used for sandwiches, fear not! I haven’t had any issues with it. However, I do recommend toasting the bread before making the sandwich. Toasting enhances the texture and makes it even more enjoyable.
For cheese lovers, there’s good news! There are many brands of dairy-free cheese available. My son is a huge fan of Daiya Dairy-Free Cheese Slices and the Cheddar Style Blocks. You can add the slices to sandwiches or cut the blocks into cubes for a quick snack. Explore the different brands to find the perfect fit for your dietary needs.
Dairy-Free Milk and Yogurt
Finding dairy-free milk and yogurt is a breeze these days, as most grocery stores carry them. We personally love So Delicious Coconut Milk Yogurt, especially the vanilla and blueberry flavors. However, there are countless dairy-free alternatives made from soy milk, nut milk, flax milk, and oat milk. Choose the product that suits your needs and always double-check with the company regarding potential cross-contamination.
If you’re looking for egg-free mayonnaise, you’re in luck! Several brands offer this option. Our personal favorite is the Earth Balance brand. It’s perfect for adding that creamy touch to your sandwiches and salads.
Allergy-Friendly Packaged Treats
For those times when you’re in a rush or need a quick snack, there are plenty of allergy-friendly packaged treats available. Consider trying products from Enjoy Life, Made Good, That’s It!, Cybele’s, and Don’t Go Nuts. Always read the labels and contact the company to ensure the product is safe for you.
For more ideas, take a look at my post on the top 8 allergen-free products.
Now that we’ve covered some essential ingredients, let’s dive into the main event – the 25 delicious gluten-free dairy-free lunch recipes:
- Pancake Sandwiches from Petite Allergy Treats
- Asian Lettuce Wraps from Gluten Free Zen
- No-Bake Apricot Chia Energy Bars from Cupcakes and Kale Chips
- Vegan Grilled Cheese from The Pretty Bee
- Oatmeal Applesauce Cookies from The Pretty Bee
- Gluten-Free Dairy-Free Blueberry Oatmeal Muffins from Skinny Taste
- Classic Chicken Salad Sandwiches from The Pretty Bee (Curried Chicken Salad also makes great sandwiches).
- Sunbutter Banana Uncrustables from Mind Over Munch
- Artisan Gluten-Free Bread from Allergy Free Alaska
- BBQ Roasted Chickpeas from My Whole Food Life
- Grain-Free Southern Style Biscuits from The Roasted Root (These do contain almond meal).
- Animal Crackers from Super Healthy Kids
- Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Energy Bites from The Pretty Bee
- Broccoli Fritters from Every Last Bite (You can replace almond flour with gluten-free flour or cornmeal).
- Cilantro Black Bean Hummus from The Pretty Bee
- Mini Paleo Chicken Pesto Pizzas from Fed & Fit
- Clean Chicken Quesadillas from Spinach for Breakfast (Use my black bean hummus for a sesame-free alternative).
- Vegan Cheesy Kale Chips from The Pretty Bee
- Gluten-Free Espresso Chocolate Chip Cookies from Petite Allergy Treats
- Copycat Wheat Thin Crackers from Petite Allergy Treats
- Grilled Chicken and Veggie Bowls from Picky Palate
- Smoked Salmon in Avocado Boats from Willow Bird Baking
- Crunchy Broccoli Salad with Bacon from The Pretty Bee
- Cranberry Tuna Salad on Apple Slices from The Wholesome Dish
- Tuna and Chickpea Salad from Mediterrasian
These recipes cover everything from salads and snacks to sandwiches and wraps. I hope they inspire you to try new flavors and combinations in your lunchbox!
If you’re a fan of easy, gluten-free, dairy-free recipes, make sure to check out my series on Gluten-Free and Dairy-Free Comfort Food.
Remember, when it comes to lunch, it’s essential to keep things exciting and enjoyable. With these gluten-free dairy-free lunch recipes, you’ll never have to worry about a boring meal again.