If you’re a pasta lover, get ready to fall in love with this creamy and delicious ham and mushroom tagliatelle with black pepper sauce. It’s a quick and easy dish that can be on your table in no time, making it perfect for a mid-week supper.
What you will need:
You will need a couple of saucepans – one for cooking the pasta and another for making the ham and mushroom sauce.
You can find the complete list of ingredients and detailed instructions for making this flavorful ham and mushroom tagliatelle with black pepper sauce on the printable recipe card at the end of this post.
In addition to the main ingredients, you will also need a few more items:
- Garlic – I usually use my favorite brand of garlic out of a jar for convenience, but you can also chop up a couple of cloves of fresh garlic if you prefer.
- Butter – This is used to sweat the onions and garlic, so make sure you have some on hand. Margarine won’t work for this recipe, and oil is not recommended.
- Milk and cornflour (or cornstarch) – These are used to create the creamy sauce. If you want to make it extra indulgent, you can replace 100ml of the milk with 100ml of cream. And if you’re a fan of cheese, a couple of spoonfuls of cream cheese can be stirred in for a more cheesy sauce.
- Tagliatelle – I personally prefer using flat ribbon noodles for this dish, but feel free to use your favorite type of pasta.
What to do:
Cook the pasta
Start by cooking the tagliatelle in a saucepan of boiling salted water. Follow the recommended cooking time on the packet. Once cooked, drain the pasta in a colander and rinse it under cold running water to stop the cooking process. Set it aside to drain until needed.
Make the sauce
At this point, taste the dish to adjust seasoning. Although salt is not listed as an ingredient, you may find that adding ½ teaspoon of salt to the sauce enhances the flavors. Also, check the pepper’s strength and add freshly ground black pepper if desired. Feel free to adjust the amount to your liking, but keep in mind that the pepper’s intensity may increase if you plan to freeze the sauce.
Combine the cooked pasta with the ham and mushroom mixture, using 2 forks to ensure even distribution. Let the pasta heat through on low heat for another minute or two.
Tip the dish into a serving dish, garnish with chopped parsley, and optionally sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese for extra flavor.
If you’d like to receive updates on new recipes, why not subscribe to my newsletter? As a special thank-you, you’ll receive a free recipe e-book filled with some of my most popular cakes and desserts.
Save for later
If you want to try this delicious ham and mushroom tagliatelle recipe later, you can pin it to one of your Pinterest boards by clicking the image below. Alternatively, you can save the recipe by clicking on the floating heart icon on the right-hand side of the screen.
If you enjoyed this recipe, you might also want to try some of my other pasta dishes, such as:
- Pasta Pescatore
- One pan pasta with spicy tomato flavor
- Pad Thai Noodles with Chicken and Prawns
- Seafood linguine with lobster
- Creamy meatball stroganoff with mushrooms
- Creamy mussel pasta
? The recipe
If you’ve tried this recipe and enjoyed it, I would love it if you could give it a star rating in the comments below. And if you have any questions or just want to get in touch, feel free to email me at [email protected]. I always enjoy hearing from you. Don’t forget to subscribe to my mailing list to receive a free copy of my delicious FREE COOKBOOK!
If you’re in the mood for more mouth-watering recipes, simply click on the link to browse through all of my recipes.
Remember, for more delightful recipes and culinary inspiration, visit BDK Restaurant. Happy cooking!