Who knew that cooking broccoli and cauliflower could be so exciting? With the irresistible combination of parmesan and garlic, paired with the magic of air frying, you’ll have a dish that’s juicy, crisp, and bursting with flavor. Let’s dive into the world of air fryer broccoli and cauliflower, where healthy meets delicious!
The beauty of air fryer broccoli and cauliflower lies in its slightly sweet and wonderfully juicy taste. These versatile vegetables are elevated by the nutty parmesan and earthy garlic, turning this dish into a real treat that will leave you wanting more.
Imagine the flavors of roasted cauliflower and broccoli, but with the added bonus of air frying, which cuts the cooking time in half! So the next time you have family over, you can spend more quality time catching up and less time tending to the oven.
The addition of parmesan cheese brings a tangy yet creamy flavor to the dish, perfectly complementing the natural flavors of these incredible veggies. It’s a fantastic way to get both adults and kids excited about eating their greens!
Ingredients You’ll Need to Make Roasted Cauliflower and Broccoli
Before we dive into the cooking process, let’s gather all the delicious ingredients:
- Cauliflower: Slightly sweet and nutty, cauliflower is not only delicious but also packed with essential nutrients like fiber and Vitamin C.
- Broccoli: The perfect companion to cauliflower, broccoli adds a slightly bitter note and is also rich in Vitamin C and fiber.
- Olive oil: Besides adding a delicious flavor, olive oil is an excellent source of antioxidants that help fight diseases. You can also try avocado oil, peanut oil, or grapeseed oil.
- Garlic powder: This adds an earthy, sweet, and slightly spicy taste that pairs perfectly with parmesan. Feel free to experiment by adding a little onion powder too.
- Parmesan cheese: Not only is parmesan a good source of protein, but it also has a tangy, nutty flavor that complements the delicate flavors of broccoli and cauliflower.
To make this tasty dish, you’ll also need a large bowl or baking sheet, an air fryer, and a chef’s knife.
How to Air Fry Broccoli and Cauliflower?
Preparing this dish is a breeze! Here’s a step-by-step guide:
Mixing the ingredients: In a large bowl or baking sheet, add the cauliflower, broccoli, olive oil, garlic powder, parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper to taste. Give everything a good toss to combine the flavors.
Air frying: Transfer the cauliflower and broccoli mixture to the air fryer basket. Set the temperature to 380°F and cook for 15 minutes, shaking the basket a couple of times for even cooking. Cook until your desired level of roasted-ness is achieved. Once done, remove from the air fryer and get ready to enjoy a delicious and healthy meal!
To make sure you get the most out of this recipe, here are some helpful tips:
- To cut your broccoli into florets, hold the broccoli on a chopping board with the stem facing up, and use a sharp knife to remove the florets. Aim to leave about an inch of stem on each floret.
- Don’t discard the broccoli stems! They can be used in various ways, such as finely chopped in ramen or soup, spiralized into noodles, or even shredded into rice or pesto.
- Start preparing the cauliflower by removing the green leaves at the base. Then, use a sharp knife to cut the cauliflower in half and then into quarters. Break the quarters into florets using your hands, trimming with the knife to remove any excess stem.
- Keep the cauliflower leaves! They make a delicious addition to roasted or air-fried dishes, coleslaw, salads, soups, and stocks.
How Long to Air Fry Broccoli and Cauliflower?
Air frying broccoli and cauliflower is quick and easy. Set your air fryer to 380°F and cook for 15 minutes. This will give you perfect results with a wonderful texture that’s even better than roasting! Remember to shake the basket a few times during cooking to prevent sticking.
The exact cooking time may vary depending on your air fryer model, so keep an eye on the vegetables to avoid burning. You can check their tenderness by poking them with a fork.
What to Serve with Cauliflower and Broccoli?
To turn your air fryer broccoli and cauliflower into a complete meal, here are some delicious serving suggestions:
- Delicious air fryer blackened salmon
- Succulent air fryer chicken legs
- Smokey and satisfying sausage and potatoes
- Easy lemon pepper chicken breast
Can You Freeze Cauliflower and Broccoli?
Yes, you can freeze any leftovers! To do so, lay the air-fried cauliflower and broccoli on a baking sheet and freeze them for 1-2 hours until frozen. Then, transfer them to a Zip Top bag. Freezing them first will prevent them from sticking together, making it easier to defrost and use later.
How to Reheat Roasted Broccoli and Cauliflower?
The best way to reheat roast cauliflower and broccoli is in the air fryer. It will maintain their juicy texture while giving them a crispy finish!
Preheat your air fryer to 380°F and place the broccoli and cauliflower in the basket in a single layer. Heat for about a minute on each side until they are warm all the way through.
More Vegetable Recipes You Can Make in the Air Fryer
If you’re in the mood for more air fryer vegetable recipes, give these a try:
- Air Fryer Broccoli
- Air Fryer Cauliflower Bites
- Whole Head Cauliflower in Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Broccoli Parmesan
- Air Fryer Cauliflower Steaks
- Buffalo Cauliflower in the Air Fryer
For more healthy recipes and ideas, don’t forget to subscribe and follow us on Instagram and Pinterest. Visit BDK Restaurant’s website for an amazing culinary experience!