Are you tired of the same old breakfast options? Why not try something new and exciting that is both healthy and delicious? Introducing low calorie protein pancakes! These pancakes not only taste amazing but are also packed with protein, making them a great way to start your day.
The Importance of Protein in Your Diet
Protein is an essential nutrient that plays a crucial role in balancing meals and snacks. Many people, especially women over 35, are often deficient in protein, leading to various hormonal and hunger issues. By building your meals and snacks around protein, you can stabilize your blood sugar levels, feel fuller for longer, and reduce cravings for unhealthy snacks and sweets.
What Makes This Low Calorie Protein Pancake Recipe Healthy?
While traditional pancakes are not known for their nutritional value, these low calorie protein pancakes are an exception. Here’s what makes them a healthier option:
- Protein: With 36 grams of protein per serving, these pancakes will keep you full and satisfied. Protein is crucial for hormonal balance and managing hunger.
- No Flour: Instead of using flour, this recipe incorporates protein powder, which helps you stay fuller for longer. Flour-based foods often lead to increased hunger when not balanced with protein.
- Low Calorie: Compared to regular pancakes, these low calorie protein pancakes contain just 235 calories per serving.
- Low Fat: Unlike traditional pancakes that are loaded with oil, butter, and cream, these pancakes are lower in fat. They only contain 3 grams of healthy fat.
Are Pancakes Healthy?
While pancakes are a beloved American breakfast staple, they are not typically considered a nutritious meal. Pancakes are usually high in fat and carbs while lacking protein. However, these flourless protein pancakes provide a healthier alternative. They are not only gluten-free and dairy-free but also packed with protein.
Ingredients for Low Calorie Protein Pancakes
To make these easy protein pancakes, you’ll only need 5 simple ingredients:
- Protein Powder (such as Garden of Life vegan protein powder, gluten-free, and dairy-free)
- Egg Whites
- Dairy-Free Milk (optional)
Substitutions are also available for these ingredients, so you can customize the recipe to your preference.
How to Make Healthy Protein Pancakes
Making low calorie protein pancakes is incredibly easy! Here’s a step-by-step guide to help you create this delicious breakfast:
- Whisk together the egg whites and protein powder in a large mixing bowl.
- Stir in mashed banana and blueberries. If the batter seems thick, you can add a splash of milk.
- Heat a non-stick pan or griddle to medium heat and spray with cooking spray.
- Divide the batter in half and add to the pan to make two pancakes. Cook for about 5 minutes, then flip and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Enjoy your healthy and flavorful protein pancakes!
Choosing the Right Protein Powder
When selecting a protein powder for your pancakes, it’s important to find one that you enjoy and that agrees with your body. Look for a protein powder that tastes good to you and provides around 20-30 grams of protein per serving. Garden of Life vegan protein powder is a great option, available in various flavors and suitable for those with dietary restrictions.
Toppings and Variations
To enhance the flavor of your low calorie protein pancakes, you can add a variety of toppings and variations. Consider adding chia seeds, chopped nuts, toasted coconut, or fruit. You can also drizzle maple syrup, syrup sweetened with monk fruit, or warm peanut butter or nut butter on top.
Storing and Reheating Protein Pancakes
If you have leftovers, you can store these protein pancakes in an airtight container in the refrigerator. They can also be frozen individually by wrapping them in plastic wrap or freezing them on a baking sheet before transferring them to a plastic freezer bag. When reheating, you can use the oven, toaster oven, microwave, or skillet.
These protein pancakes contain approximately 235 calories per serving, although the exact calorie count may vary depending on the protein powder used.
If you’re looking for a healthy and delicious breakfast option, try making low calorie protein pancakes. Packed with protein and free from flour, these pancakes are a nutritious alternative to traditional pancakes. Plus, they are easy to make and can be customized with various toppings and variations. So, why not treat yourself to a stack of these mouthwatering pancakes and start your day off right?
For more recipes and information, visit BDK Restaurant.