Are you looking for a refreshing and delicious salad recipe? Look no further than our Fresh Salmon Salad! This recipe offers a perfect balance of flavors that will tantalize your taste buds. The combination of fresh salmon, crisp vegetables, and aromatic herbs creates a truly delightful dish. Not only is salmon a great source of protein, but it also contains healthy fats. Incorporating this salad into your diet is an excellent way to add more fish to your meals.
The Perfect Blend of Ingredients
To prepare this delicious salad, you only need a few simple ingredients. The best part is that this recipe is incredibly versatile, allowing you to get creative and customize it to your liking. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Salmon: Fresh salmon fillets are ideal for this recipe, but you can also use leftover salmon or canned flaked salmon.
- Vegetables: We’ve added cherry tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, and red bell pepper to provide sweetness, crunch, and a refreshing touch. Feel free to replace or add other vegetables to suit your taste.
- Fresh Herbs: We’ve chosen parsley, basil, and dill for their aromatic flavors. However, you can experiment with other herbs such as coriander, fresh oregano, or tarragon.
- Olive Oil: For maximum flavor, we recommend using high-quality extra virgin olive oil in your salad. Alternatively, avocado oil is a good option for this recipe.
- Lemon: The combination of fish and lemon is simply perfect. The lemon juice replaces vinegar in the dressing, adding a tangy and refreshing taste. If you have an untreated lemon, you can grate the zest and use it for garnish.
- Dijon Mustard: Mustard plays a key role in emulsifying the lemon dressing, giving it a nice texture and a spicy kick.
For the exact quantities, refer to the recipe card.
How to Prepare Fresh Salmon Salad
This fresh salmon salad is incredibly quick and easy to make. Here’s a simple step-by-step guide:
Step 1: If using fresh salmon, season the fillets with salt and pepper. Drizzle a little olive oil in a baking dish or on a baking sheet, then place the salmon fillets skin-side down. Bake for 12-15 minutes at 200°C (390°F) depending on the thickness of the fillets. Remove from the oven and let the cooked salmon fillets cool.
Step 2: Remove the skin from the salmon fillets and flake the flesh using a fork. Finely chop the fresh herbs (dill, parsley, and basil). Set aside a few basil leaves for garnish.
Step 3: In a large salad bowl, combine the cherry tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, and red bell pepper. Season with salt and pepper, and mix well. Add the salmon and the chopped herbs. Mix thoroughly.
Step 4: Prepare the dressing by combining all the dressing ingredients (Dijon mustard, lemon juice, a pinch of salt and black pepper, and finish with extra virgin olive oil) in a small container. Close the container and shake to combine.
Step 5: Pour the dressing over your fresh salmon salad. Serve it on plates or in a serving dish, and garnish with avocado slices and the reserved basil leaves.
Looking to switch things up? Here are a few ideas to add variety to your salmon salad:
- Vegetables: Experiment with different vegetables such as grated carrots, corn, artichoke hearts, finely sliced fennel, or grilled zucchini.
- Dressing: For a refreshing twist, try using a yogurt-based dressing instead. Simply add 2-3 tablespoons of plain yogurt or Greek yogurt to the dressing recipe.
- Protein: If you prefer a different source of protein, this salad pairs well with canned tuna or diced leftover chicken.
After making this recipe several times, I’ve gathered a few tips that will make your salmon salad perfect:
- When to add the dressing? I recommend adding the dressing right before serving and letting it infuse for 10-15 minutes. If you plan to pack this salad for lunch, keep the dressing in a separate container and pour it over the salmon salad just before consuming to prevent the lemon juice from cooking the vegetables.
- Avocado: To keep the avocado intact, it’s best not to mix it directly into the salad. Instead, add it at the end, after mixing the salad, to prevent it from getting mashed.
- Fresh Herbs: Garnish your salad with fresh herbs to make it even more appetizing! This simple trick always impresses. Additionally, you can grate some lemon zest before juicing and sprinkle it on the salad before serving for a delicious citrusy flavor.
Enjoy the Freshness of Salmon Salad
With our Fresh Salmon Salad recipe, you can enjoy a healthy and flavorful dish that’s perfect for summer. Don’t hesitate to leave a comment and let us know how you liked it!
Find more delicious recipes on our website: BDK Restaurant
Please note that the original article contained contact and external links, which are not present in this draft as per the provided guidelines.