This Salmon Pasta with Spinach recipe is a mouthwatering combination of tender salmon and fresh spinach, bathed in a delectable, creamy Parmesan sauce. Get ready for a quick and delicious one-pot dinner that will surely become a family favorite!
If you’re in need of a flavorful and satisfying meal that can be prepared in under 30 minutes, then you’ve come to the right place! Let me introduce you to this Salmon Pasta with Spinach recipe that will leave you craving for more.
Salmon and Spinach Pasta Video-Recipe
How to Choose Salmon
To ensure the best quality, opt for wild-caught salmon that appears moist instead of dry. The moisture content is a great indicator of freshness and how carefully the fish was handled. Look for bright pink colors and avoid pale-looking fish.
What Kind of Pasta to Use
The beauty of this recipe lies in its versatility. You can use any pasta you love and have on hand! Whether it’s penne, fettuccine, campanelle, ziti, or rigatoni, feel free to choose your favorite. Just remember to steer clear of very small pasta varieties that are best suited for soups.
What Kind of Spinach to Use
For the best taste and texture, fresh baby spinach is highly recommended. It’s tender and adds a delightful flavor to the dish. You can freeze any leftovers for future use, such as making smoothies. I suggest avoiding store-bought frozen spinach as it tends to have a lot of stems, a strange texture, and an odd smell.
What You’ll Need for This Recipe
To create this culinary masterpiece, gather the following ingredients:
- Salmon: Use nice quality fish.
- Pasta: Feel free to use your favorite kind. I used campanelle.
- Butter: Adds a nice rich flavor.
- Onion: Adds a touch of sweetness.
- Baby Spinach: Fresh is best.
- Heavy Cream or Half & Half: For a creamy indulgence.
- Parmesan or Pecorino cheese: Choose your preference.
- Garlic: Adjust the amount according to your preference.
- Salt & Pepper: To enhance the flavors.
- Parsley: For a garnishing touch.
How to Make Salmon and Spinach Pasta
Let’s get cooking! Follow these simple steps:
- Cook the pasta according to the package instructions. Meanwhile, sauté the onion in butter over medium heat for 4-5 minutes.
- Add the salmon and continue cooking for another 5-7 minutes, breaking it into flakes as it cooks.
- Add the spinach and cook for 1-2 minutes until wilted.
- Stir in the heavy cream, Parmesan, garlic, salt, and pepper. Allow it to simmer gently.
- Add the cooked pasta and chopped parsley, ensuring everything is mixed together thoroughly.
- Garnish with parsley and grated Parmesan, then serve.
Your filling and delicious dinner is ready! Now, it’s time to pour yourself a glass of white wine and savor this delightful dish. Just one friendly reminder: please don’t drink while cooking!
To enhance your cooking experience, consider these helpful tips:
- Pasta Types: You can use any kind of pasta for this dish. Medium cuts such as penne, farfalle, radiatore, cavatappi, or rigatoni work exceptionally well.
- Cream Substitution: If you prefer, substitute heavy cream with Half & Half or full-fat coconut milk.
- Add Wine: For an extra touch of flavor, add some dry white wine when cooking the onions in step 1.
- Season Pasta Water: Don’t forget to generously salt the water when cooking the pasta. It truly makes a difference!
How to Store and Reheat
This salmon pasta will keep in the fridge for 3-4 days, but it’s best enjoyed right away. To reheat, simply warm it gently on the stove over low heat. If needed, add a splash of water to maintain its luscious consistency.
For more tasty pasta recipes, be sure to check out the following suggestions:
- Creamy Seafood Pasta
- Simple Gemelli Pasta in Tomato Sauce
- Easy Rigatoni Bolognese
- Fettuccine with Roasted Pepper Sauce and Chicken
- Shrimp Fettuccine
Now that you have the recipe in hand, it’s time to don your chef’s hat and indulge in the flavorsome delight that is Salmon Pasta with Spinach. Enjoy every bite, and remember to visit BDK Restaurant for more culinary inspiration!